If you haven’t had the opportunity to swing into your next workout with TRX suspension training, you are missing out. TRX suspension training is a relatively new way to work out with just your body weight. It forces just about every muscle in your body to work in a pull or push motion like no other exercise does. At Peak Physical Therapy & Wellness, we have embraced TRX suspension training in Parkerr, CO (We include a comprehensive list of some of the benefits of TRX training here
What Is TRX Suspension Training?
This fitness tool is made up of high-quality nylon that is highly durable. It has the ability to hold up to 1,400 pounds. It has handles into which you can put your hands or feet—depending on the exercise you are doing—and can be set up almost anywhere. It strongly engages your core as well as your strength, agility, and balance.
It’s fairly simple with just six main body positions that give you options for hundreds of exercises, regardless of your fitness or skill level. All are variations of either standing up or lying down.
Many of the big box gyms now have TRX suspension trainers in them as well.
What Makes TRX Training Such a Great Option?
TRX training was invented by a Navy Seal. He used it to help maintain fitness of his fellow troops—regardless of where in the world they happened to be located. The hanging bands use only your body weight to engage all the muscles of the body. You can even incorporate TRX training into your next vacation! Read more here
It’s a great overall fitness method for the following reasons:
It is suitable for everyone, regardless of your current level of fitness.
Olympic athletes and couch potatoes alike will benefit from this exercise. The body weight load can be increased or decreased by just slight shifts in position. This type of training works for everyone.
It can help you achieve any health or fitness goal.
Regardless of your goal, whether you want to get stronger, lose weight, or run a marathon, TRX suspension training can help you achieve it.
It can be used to improve cardiovascular health as well as to increase strength.
There is an old adage when it comes to lifting weights for a cardio workout that says, Just lift faster! And this same theory holds true for TRX training. You can speed up your performance of an exercise and make great gains from a cardiovascular endurance standpoint.
It is incredibly versatile.
With just two adjustable bands, you can create a workout that will hit on every muscle in your body. (You might even feel muscles you never knew existed!) They are easily transportable so you can take them with you anywhere for a full workout—even in your hotel room. They pair only weight about 2 pounds, so you will not even notice them in your suitcase.
It is safe.
Because the bands are suspended, a workout with TRX suspension bands is low impact, so you are able to give your joints a break from stress. This means the risk of injury is very low, so you can train hard—even if you are a newbie. If you are training with another injury, TRX suspension training makes it easy to train around it.
It engages your entire body.
This is particularly valuable for enthusiasts who participate in another sport, such as running. It makes a great adjunct to training for any sport because your entire body, including your core, is constantly being activated. You’ll get a whole-body workout that is very comprehensive.
It is fresh and different.
Tired of going to the gym and phoning it in on the elliptical machine—and seeing minimal results for your efforts? Let’s face it: Going to the gym and doing the same thing over and over can get pretty boring and undermine your fitness goals completely. TRX training livens up your training regimen, making working out feel fun again!
What Are the Benefits of TRX Suspension Trainer Workouts?
Professional athletes, including Major League baseball players and MMA fighters, are becoming fans of this way of training. Why? It offers a number of excellent benefits:
- You don’t need a gym membership so you can work out when it’s convenient for you to do so. This is both convenient (no waiting for equipment) and inexpensive (no paying of monthly gym membership fees).
- They are affordable if you want to buy your own set to use at home. Although they are an investment, buying a set is still much cheaper than having to buy free weights.
- They take up less space in your home gym than a weight bench or other fitness equipment.
- They are long-lasting and durable, so after you purchase them, no other investment is required.
- As with many home guys, you don’t have to spend time adjusting machines or weights. You set up the bands once, then you can do an entire workout without have to move them again.
- They are excellent for building core strength, which is a weakness for many people and related to many other aches and pains in the body.
- It improves muscle endurance with high reps and low weight (bodyweight).
- It will help you grow strong so you can avoid injuries in the future or with other activities.
- It provides participants with a great workout that gives you a variety of range of motions. You can get creative with what you do, and you can push yourself.
- TRX suspension trainers are also useful for rehabbing if you have become injured and are slowly trying to become mobile again.
today to find out more about how TRX training can use gravity and your own body weight to safely and effectively get you into great shape. With offices throughout the Denver metro area, including south Denver, Highlands Ranch, Lowry, Parker, Aurora, and Englewood, you can be sure that one is conveniently located near you. We look forward to working with you and helping you live a healthy, pain-free lifestyle!