Peak Physical Therapy in Denver, CO is pleased to provide a continuum of injury prevention, training, and performance services provided by our team of professional and certified physical therapists.
The purpose of the FMS medical assessment is to determine if a significant medical problem exists that may limit performance gains or may require orthopedic attention.
Whether you're training for a marathon, getting into shape or preparing for your next athletic season, the FMS system can build out plans for total-body fitness, long-term fitness, and identify and resolve movement impairments. This system reduces the risk of injury and helps you establish a plan and timeline for success. We regularly treat professional, collegiate, high school and weekend athletes to help them achieve their peak performance. The systems will help:
- Improve functional fitness and athletic performance
- Establish a starting point and realistic goals
- Identify and resolve movement impairments
- Build lasting fitness instead of temporary ability
- Measure and establish a record of progress
The following organization utilize the FMS System:
- NFL Combine Camp
- Professional MLB, NFL, and NHL Athletes
- German National Soccer Team
THE FOCUS IS ON BETTER MOVEMENT THAT PRODUCES MORE POWER WITH LESS INJURY:
- Establishing correct movement patterns (good mechanics / injury prevention)
- Improving speed & power while maintaining correct movement (performance)
SFMA: Selective Functional Movement Assessment:
SFMA is used to identify specific movement limitations that cause pain. It determines if these movements are a stability or mobility problem.
The SFMA looks at 7 movement patterns that assess how you move. These patterns are then graded as functional, dysfunctional, painful, or non-painful.
The SFMA is great for anyone who has pain with movement, whether you are an elite athlete, weekend warrior, or just want to perform yard work without pain.