FMS & SFMA
Peak Physical Therapy is pleased provide a continuum of injury prevention, training, and performance services.
The purpose of the FMS medical assessment is to determine if a significant medical problem exists that may limit performance gains or may require orthopedic attention.
Whether you’re training for a marathon, getting into shape or preparing for you next athletic season, the FMS system can build total-body fitness, long term fitness and identify and resolve movement impairments. This system reduces risk of injury and helps you establish a plan and timeline for success. We regularly treat professional, collegiate, high school and weekend athletes to help them achieve their Peak performance.
The systems will help:
- Improve functional fitness and athletic performance
- Establish a starting point and realistic goals
- Identify and resolve movement impairments
- Build lasting fitness instead versus temporary ability
- Measure and establish a record of progress
The following organization utilize the FMS System:
- NFL Combine Camp
- Professional MLB, NFL, and NHL Athletes
- German National Soccer Team
The focus is on better movement that produces more power with less energy:
- Establishing correct movement patterns (good mechanics / injury prevention)
- Improving speed & power while maintaining correct movement (performance)
SFMA: Selective Functional Movement Assessment:
- SFMA is used to identify specific movement limitations that cause pain. It determines if these movements are a stability or mobility problem.
- The SFMA looks at 7 movement patterns that assess how you move. These patterns are then graded as functional, dysfunctional, painful, or non-painful.
- The SFMA is great for anyone who has pain with movement, whether you are an elite athlete, weekend warrior, or just want to perform yard work without pain.